Advises issuers and underwriters on a broad range of capital markets transactions. Named a 2021 “Rising Star” by Law360 and ranked “Up and Coming” by Chambers.
U.S. and non-U.S. issuers and underwriters seek Yasin’s advice on a broad range of capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings and other equity offerings, public and private high-yield, investment-grade and convertible debt financings, restructurings and cross-border transactions. Yasin also advises clients ranging from early-stage privately held companies to well-known seasoned issuers on governance, SEC reporting, strategic transactions and other corporate law matters.
He was named a “Rising Star” in capital markets by Law360 in 2021 and is ranked an up and coming capital markets lawyer by Chambers USA.
His practice spans a variety of industries, including biotech, consumer products and retail, fintech, technology, and healthcare and life sciences.
Yasin is co-leader of the cross-practice and cross-border coronavirus task force Davis Polk created in March 2020, and he was named a “Crisis Leadership Trailblazer” by the National Law Journal in 2020.
- Initial public offerings by US emerging growth companies, including Atea, Akoya, Ayala, Beam Therapeutics, Biodesix, Cvent, Cyteir, Dream Finders Homes, Evolent Health, European Biotech Acquisition Co., Generation Bio, Jounce Therapeutics, Legend Biotech, loanDepot, Magenta Therapeutics, Ophthotech, Progyny, Solid Biosciences, Stoke Therapeutics, Terns Pharmaceuticals and UiPath
- Initial public offerings by foreign private issuer emerging growth companies including Ablynx (Belgium), ADC Therapeutics (Switzerland), Advanced Accelerator Applications (France), Avolon (Ireland), BioNTech, the highest-valued European biotech IPO (Germany), GeoPark (Argentina), GH Research (Ireland), Gracell Biotechnologies, the first operating company IPO of 2021 (Cayman Islands), Immunocore (United Kingdom), Innate Pharma (France), Inventiva (France), Molecular Partners (Switzerland), On Holding (Switzerland) and SOPHiA GENETICS (Switzerland)
- Initial public offerings by non-emerging growth companies, including loanDepot, Grupo Aval, the largest U.S. IPO by a Latin American issuer in 2014, and Hudson News
Other Equity Offerings
- Numerous representations of issuers and placement agents in connection with pre-IPO private placements, PIPEs, forward sale transactions and ATM programs
- Completed the largest secondary offering of common stock in history ($16.0 billion common equity offering for a telecommunications company)
- Follow-on or secondary offerings by Advanced Accelerator Applications, Applied Genetic Technologies, Bioxcel Therapeutics, Cvent, Energizer, Evolent Health, Hilton, Perion Network, PTC Therapeutics, ShakeShack and Southwestern Energy
- Rights offerings by BioNTech, Liberty Media and a national telecommunications company
Investment- and High-Grade Debt
- Offerings by Eastman, Heineken, Mylan, Evolent Health, PTC Therapeutics, Stanley Black & Decker and Walgreens
High Yield Debt
- High-yield debt offerings by Adtalem, Energizer, Western Refining, NCI Building Systems, Murphy, Spirit Airlines and XPO Logistics
- Convertible debt offerings by Assertio, Evolent Health, Integra LifeSciences, Ormat, Southwestern Energy and PTC Therapeutics
- Transactions for ADC Therapeutics, Beazer Homes, Evolent Health, Energizer, Grupo Aval, Murphy Oil, Walgreens and XPO Logistics
Chambers USA – Capital Markets: Debt & Equity: Eastern United States, Up and Coming
Law360 – “Rising Star: Capital Markets,” 2021
National Law Journal – “Crisis Leadership Trailblazer,” 2020
- first-class honours
- Clifford Chance Prize for Outstanding Performance
- Partner, 2019-present
- Counsel, 2017-2019
- Davis Polk since 2008
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York