Xuelin (Steve) Wang
A seasoned lawyer in China’s equity and debt capital markets. With a Ph.D. in cell biology, adviser to leading biotech and healthcare companies in HKEX and US IPOs.
Steve has extensive experience representing issuers and underwriters in international capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings and follow-on equity offerings, investment-grade and high-yield debt offerings, and liability management transactions. He also advises clients ranging from early-stage privately held companies to public companies on corporate governance, securities law compliance, strategic transactions and other corporate law matters.
Steve has a Ph.D. in cell biology. He advises biotech and healthcare companies on their most important transactions. His practice also spans a variety of other industries, including technology, consumer and retail, and real estate.
Steve was recognized as a “Rising Star” at the 2021 China Law & Practice Awards and the 2020 IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards.
Hong Kong Equity Capital Markets
- Initial public offerings by Biocytogen Pharmaceuticals, Yonghe Medical, CANbridge Pharmaceuticals, MicroTech Medical, Abbisko, Broncus, Kindstar Global, HUTCHMED, Zylox-Tonbridge, CARsgen Therapeutics, New Horizon Health, Antengene, RemeGen, JW Therapeutics, Tigermed, Zai Lab, Ocumension Therapeutics, Akeso, InnoCare Pharma, Venus Medtech, CStone Pharmaceuticals, Innovent Biologics, BeiGene, Ping An Good Doctor and 3SBio
U.S. Equity Capital Markets
- Initial public offerings and follow-on offerings by Adagene, Gracell Biotechnologies, Genetron, I-Mab, Zai Lab, BeiGene, ECMOHO, 9F, Douyu, Cango, Uxin, iClick, Rise Education and Edwards Group
Debt Capital Markets
- Investment-grade and MTN notes offerings by China Oceanwide International Financial Management, China Orient Asset Management, Asia Standard International, JD.com, Baidu, PPL Corporation, CSX Corporation, Kennametal, China Forestry Group, China Petrochemical, Greenland Hong Kong, Republic of Indonesia, China Cinda Asset Management, Pertamina and Bangkok Bank
- High-yield notes offerings by Fantasia, Zhenro Properties Group, West China Cement, KWG Property, Guorui Properties, SOCAM Development, China South City, CIFI, PT Cikarang Listrindo, China SCE Property, Times Property, Redco Properties, Central China Real Estate, Fosun International Limited and Dufry AG
- Consent solicitations and tender offers for SOCAM Development, Times Property, Redco Properties, Country Garden, SOHO China, Central China Real Estate and K. Hovnanian Enterprises
IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards – “Rising Star," 2020
China Law & Practice Awards –"Rising Star Lawyer of the Year," 2021
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, Minnesota Journal of Law, Science & Technology
- Partner, 2021-present
- Counsel, 2018-2021
- Associate, 2011-2018
Qualifications and admissions
- Hong Kong
- State of New York