William A. Curran
Advises on federal income tax aspects of domestic and cross-border M&A deals and global financings and restructurings.
Public and private clients turn to Bill for guidance on the federal income tax aspects of domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and spinoffs. He also advises on financings and restructurings that span the globe.
- VG Acquisition Corp. on its approximately $3.5 billion merger with 23andMe
- cxLoyalty Group Holdings, Inc. in the sale of its Global Loyalty division to JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Novo Nordisk A/S on its $1.8 billion acquisition of Emisphere Technologies Inc.
- Raytheon Technologies in connection with its sale of Forcepoint to Francisco Partners
- Bristol Myers Squibb on its acquisition of Forbius
- PepsiCo on its acquisition of Rockstar Energy Beverages
- Danaher in the IPO carve-out and spin-off of its dental business, Envista
- GE in the spin-off of GE Transportation and its Reverse Morris Trust transaction with Wabtec
- Goldman Sachs’ merchant banking division in its acquisition of Boyd Corporation
- GE in the strategic realignment of GE Capital
- Aetna on numerous transactions, including its $77 billion acquisition by CVS Health, $7.3 billion acquisition of Coventry Health Care and its acquisitions of Bswift, Prodigy Health Group, Payflex Systems and Medicity and its disposition of Missouri Care
- Baker Hughes on its combination with GE Oil & Gas
- Tyson Foods on its acquisition of AdvancePierre Foods
- Solvay in connection with its acquisition of Cytec, its acquisition of The Chemlogics Group, divestiture of its Eco Services business and the formation of its torrefied biomass joint venture
- magna cum laude
- Notes Editor, New York University Law Review
- Partner, 2017-present
- Associate, 2009-2017
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York