Advises U.S. and non-U.S. issuers and underwriters on capital markets and corporate transactions.
Shane advises U.S. and non-U.S. issuers and underwriters on capital markets and corporate transactions, including private placements, initial public offerings and other equity offerings, and high-yield, investment-grade and convertible debt offerings. Corporate clients, ranging from early-stage privately held companies to well-known seasoned issuers, turn to him for advice on governance, corporate and securities law matters.
Shane has experience across a variety of sectors, including financials, retail, industrials, technology, biotech, consumer, specialty pharmaceuticals and oil and gas.
- VersaBank, Sportradar, Enfusion, Brilliant Earth Group, Remitly Global, Home Point Capital, Signify Health, Trean Insurance Group, Rocket Companies, GFL Environmental, Oportun Financial, BRP Group, HBT Financial, Tradeweb Markets, Goosehead Insurance, Charah Solutions, Red Rock Resorts, Patheon Citizens Financial Group, Virtu Financial, Hilton Worldwide Holdings, Norcraft Companies, Kamada and Yandex
Other Equity Offerings
- Follow-on or secondary offerings by Baker Hughes, First Bancorp, Genpact, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Citizens Financial Group, Pattern Energy, J.M. Smuckers, Hilton Worldwide Holdings, U.S. Silica, The Medicines Company, Wesco Aircraft Holdings and AmeriGas Partners
Investment- and High-Grade Debt
- The underwriters in connection with offerings by Salesforce, UBS AG, Hyatt Hotels and Arrow Electronics. Aetna, Baker Hughes, CSX, Centerstate Bank, Citizens Financial Group, Stewart Information Services, VersaBank on their debt offerings
- The underwriters or initial purchasers in connection with high-yield debt offerings by GFL Environmental, Tempur Sealy International, Cleveland-Cliffs, J.C. Penney, Hilton, PDC Energy, AmeriGas Partners, PS Logistics and VIAVI. Pattern Energy and PGT Innovations on their debt offerings
- The underwriters in connection with the convertible debt offerings of LendingTree, Synaptics, Granite Construction, EZCorp, Encore Capital, Cal Dive International and Meadowbrook Insurance Group
Law360 – “Rising Star: Capital Markets,” 2019
Legal 500 U.S. – Capital Markets: High-Yield Debt Offerings, Next Generation Partner
- Research Editor, Duke Law Journal
- Partner, 2016-present
- Davis Polk since 2008
- London office, 2009-2011
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York