Maxim Van de moortel
Advises corporate, financial institution and private equity clients on a wide range of cross-border capital markets, corporate finance and M&A transactions.
Maxim advises corporate, financial institution and private equity clients on U.S. and international debt and equity capital markets transactions, both on an SEC-registered and unregistered basis. These include cross-border IPOs, SPACs, private placements, investment-grade, high-yield, convertible and regulatory capital debt offerings, as well as liability management transactions.
In addition, Maxim regularly counsels U.S. and non-U.S. clients on U.S. securities laws compliance, SEC reporting and disclosure matters, and corporate governance. He also represents clients on complex cross-border M&A and leveraged loan financing transactions.
He has particular experience advising clients in the Benelux region and in the financial institutions, healthcare, mining and technology sectors.
Maxim is bilingual in Dutch and English.
Capital Markets and Corporate Finance
- IPOs for EQT, LINK Mobility, HusCompagniet and CM.com (aborted)
- SPAC IPOs for Forbion, RA Special Acquisition (Ripplewood), SDCL EDGE and Frontier Investment
- Follow-on equity offerings for Trustpilot, EQT, eDreams ODIGEO, Focus Financial, BJ’s Restaurants, CM.com and Pepkor Holdings
- Rights offering for SAAB
- ADR programs for NatWest Group, Telecom Italia and Adidas
- Investment-grade debt offerings for British American Tobacco, NatWest Group, NatWest Markets, Fidelity National Information Services, AstraZeneca, Equinor, Imperial Brands, Nederlandse Waterschapsbank, Bank Nederlandse Gemeenten, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Aegon, Niagara Mohawk Power, KeySpan Gas and Massachusetts Electric
- High-yield debt offerings for eDreams ODIGEO
- Regulatory capital debt offerings for NatWest Group
- Convertible debt offering for Invacare
- Liability management transactions for Signature Aviation, NatWest Group, NatWest Markets and Fidelity National Information Services
- Leveraged loan financing transactions for Technicolor
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Reliance Industries and its Jio Platforms unit in connection with capital raisings from Facebook, Google, Vista, PIF, KKR, Silver Lake, Mubadala, General Atlantic and ADIA, amounting to over $20 billion in investments into Jio Platforms
- Reliance Industries and its Reliance Retail Ventures unit in connection with capital raisings from PIF, KKR, Silver Lake, Mubadala, General Atlantic and ADIA, amounting to over $5 billion in investments into Reliance Retail Ventures
- Telia on the sale of its interest in Tajik telecom operator Tcell to AKFED
IFLR1000 – Capital Markets (Debt and Equity), United Kingdom
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Lawrence A. Wien Corporate Social Responsibility Fellowship
- René Marcq Award
- summa cum laude
- summa cum laude
- Counsel, 2022-present
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2015-2022
- Linklaters (Brussels), 2013-2014
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York