Maxim Van de moortel
Advises corporate, financial institution and private equity clients on a wide range of cross-border capital markets, corporate finance and M&A transactions.
Maxim advises corporate, financial institution and private equity clients on U.S. and international debt and equity capital markets transactions, both on an SEC-registered and unregistered basis. These include cross-border IPOs, SPACs, private placements, investment-grade, high-yield, convertible and regulatory capital debt offerings, as well as liability management transactions.
In addition, Maxim regularly counsels U.S. and non-U.S. clients on U.S. securities laws compliance, SEC reporting and disclosure matters, and corporate governance. He also represents clients on complex cross-border M&A and leveraged loan financing transactions.
He has particular experience advising clients in the Benelux region and in the financial institutions, healthcare, mining and technology sectors.
Maxim is bilingual in Dutch and English.
Capital Markets and Corporate Finance
- IPOs (SEC-registered and Rule 144A) by EQT, LINK Mobility, HusCompagniet, CM.com (aborted) and Sedibelo Resources (aborted)
- SPAC IPOs (SEC-registered and Rule 144A) by Forbion, RA Special Acquisition (Ripplewood), SDCL EDGE and Frontier Investment
- Follow-on equity offerings (SEC-registered and private placements) by Vivoryon, ASR Nederland, Trustpilot, EQT, eDreams ODIGEO, Focus Financial, BJ’s Restaurants, CM.com, I-Pulse and Pepkor Holdings
- Rights offering for SAAB
- ADR programs for NatWest Group, Telecom Italia and Adidas
- High-yield debt offerings by eDreams ODIGEO
- Investment-grade debt offerings (SEC-registered and Rule 144A) by British American Tobacco, NatWest Group, NatWest Markets, Fidelity National Information Services, AstraZeneca, Equinor, Imperial Brands, Nederlandse Waterschapsbank, Bank Nederlandse Gemeenten, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Niagara Mohawk Power, KeySpan Gas and Massachusetts Electric
- Regulatory capital debt offerings (SEC-registered) by NatWest Group and Aegon
- Convertible debt offering by Invacare
- U.S. commercial paper program for NatWest Markets
- Liability management transactions by Signature Aviation, British American Tobacco, eDreams ODIGEO, NatWest Group, NatWest Markets and Fidelity National Information Services
- Leveraged loan financing transactions for Technicolor
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Forbion European Acquisition Corp. in connection with its de-SPAC business combination with enGene, Inc.
- Reliance Industries and its Jio Platforms unit in connection with capital raisings from Facebook, Google, Vista, PIF, KKR, Silver Lake, Mubadala, General Atlantic and ADIA, amounting to over $20 billion in investments into Jio Platforms
- Reliance Industries and its Reliance Retail Ventures unit in connection with capital raisings from PIF, KKR, Silver Lake, Mubadala, General Atlantic and ADIA, amounting to over $5 billion in investments into Reliance Retail Ventures
- Telia on the sale of its interest in Tajik telecom operator Tcell to AKFED
IFLR1000 – Capital Markets (Debt and Equity), United Kingdom
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Lawrence A. Wien Corporate Social Responsibility Fellowship
- summa cum laude
- René Marcq Award
- summa cum laude
- Counsel, 2022-present
- Davis Polk since 2015
- Linklaters (Brussels), 2013-2014
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York