Gabriel D. Rosenberg
Financial institutions, corporations and industry groups look to Gabe on all aspects of financial regulation, including the impact of regulatory reform on business strategy, implementation challenges, and enforcement and supervision.
Gabe advises clients on subjects including derivatives regulation, the Volcker Rule, broker-dealer issues and resolution planning. He has developed online resources to help market participants understand the impact of financial regulatory reform and comply with regulatory obligations. He has written numerous comment letters and other forms of advocacy for clients on key issues.
Gabe is a frequent writer, commentator and lecturer on financial regulatory reform issues. He is co-editor of OTC Derivatives Regulation Under Dodd-Frank, a leading resource on the swap regulatory regime, and has held academic appointments at Yale Law School, the Yale School of Management and the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley.
Gabe's work has included:
- Advising the world’s largest financial institutions on regulatory reform issues
- Representing both established and ad hoc industry groups on issues of key importance, including developing solutions for complex cross-border regulatory regimes and drafting compliance policies and procedures
- Advising several financial institutions on enforcement actions arising from post-crisis financial regulation
- Writing numerous comment letters and other forms of advocacy on key issues, including Total Loss Absorbing Capital and Qualified Financial Contract rules
- Developing the Davis Polk Regulatory Tracker, an online subscription service designed to help market participants, particularly their in-house legal and compliance departments, effectively navigate the changing financial regulation
- Analyzing Dodd-Frank rulemaking progress through the Dodd-Frank Rulemaking Progress Report
- Serving as co-author of numerous academic pieces relating to swap trading and the Volcker Rule
- Managing Editor, Yale Journal of Law & Technology
- Articles Editor, Yale Journal on Regulation
- Member, Yale Law Journal
- with distinction
- Phi Beta Kappa
- magna cum laude
- Partner, 2016-present
- Associate, 2009-2016