Advises global investment banks and major corporations and funds on equity-linked derivatives and other financial products.
Faisal is a member of our Capital Markets and Derivatives & Structured Products practices. His derivatives practice includes monetization, hedging and other equity derivative transactions; margin loans; variable prepaid forwards; convertible bonds and related call spreads and capped calls.
Faisal also has extensive experience with traditional corporate financings, including high-yield debt; IPOs and private equity offerings; structured products; securitizations; and debt restructurings, including exchange and tender offers.
He has executed transactions across Asia, Europe and the United States, and in a variety of industries, including telecom, financial institutions, e-commerce, fintech, energy and mining.
Currently based in New York, Faisal worked in our Hong Kong office from 2010 to 2019.
Equity and Equity-linked Capital Markets
- Several of the largest U.S. convertible bond offerings and related call spread and capped transactions
- Several of the largest U.S. structured margin loan facilities secured by publicly traded securities
- Sea Limited $884.4 million IPO and NYSE listing
- Sea Limited $575 million convertible senior notes offering
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited’s $871 million Indian IPO
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited’s $908 million Indian IPO
- True Corporation’s spinoff and $1.8 billion infrastructure fund Thai IPO
- PT Petrosea Tbk’s Indonesia Re-IPO
- China Resources Beer’s $1.2 billion global rights offering
- CIFI Holdings’ HK$2.79 billion convertible bond offering
Debt Capital Markets
- CIFI Holdings’ $300 million high-yield notes offering
- Yanlord Land Group’s $450 million high-yield notes offering
- Nexteer Automotive’s $250 million high-yield notes offering
- Logan Property’s $300 million high-yield notes offering
- PT Indika Energy Tbk’s $500 million high-yield notes offering
- Tencent Holdings’ $5 billion notes offering under its global MTN program
- SP PowerAssets’ $600 million notes offering
- JD.com’s $1 billion SEC-registered notes offering
- CNOOC Limited’s $4 billion SEC-registered guaranteed notes offering
- Sinopec’s $3.5 billion senior notes offering
- CNPC General Capital’s $2 billion guaranteed senior notes offering
Liability Management and Restructuring
- Mongolian Mining Corporation’s $800 million debt restructuring
- PT Indika Energy Tbk’s cash tender offer for its $300 million outstanding high-yield notes
- SOHO China’s cash tender offer for its $400 million outstanding high-yield notes
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Far EasTone Telecommunications’ strategic alliance with MSPE Asia in connection with the acquisition of China Network Systems
- Counsel, 2013-present
- Davis Polk since 2007
- Clifford Chance (London), 2005-2007
- Tax Associate, PricewaterhouseCoopers, 2003-2005
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York