Advises on corporate and securities matters for public companies and companies that are in the process of going public.
Emily advises companies on corporate and securities matters, including public company reporting and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance transactions and corporate governance. Issuers and investment banks regularly seek her advice on a broad range of capital markets transactions. Her mergers and acquisitions experience includes acquisitions of public and private companies, carve-outs, joint ventures and minority investments.
Emily has experience across a variety of industries, including technology, and life sciences.
Law360 in 2021 named Emily a “Rising Star” in technology. She was also named among the Daily Journal’s “Top 40 under 40.” In 2020, she was named a “California Lawyer Attorney of the Year” by the Daily Journal in connection with her work on Uber’s $8.1 billion IPO.
- Initial public offerings by AN2 Therapeutics, aTyr Pharma, Achaogen, Affirm, Bloom Energy, Connect Biopharma, Couchbase, CrowdStrike, Elastic, Kaltura, Kodiak Sciences, Nurix Therapeutics, Paymentus, Poshmark, Rackspace, Revance Therapeutics, Robinhood, Taiwan Liposome Company, TaskUs, Uber and Yelp
- Direct listing by Palantir Technologies
- Debt offerings by Altera, Cisco, CrowdStrike, Equinix, Masco, NetApp, salesforce.com, Texas Instruments, Uber and Westar Energy
- Equity offerings by Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Aeglea BioTherapeutics, Atreca, BIND Therapeutics, CAI International, Chegg, Coherus BioSciences, Corcept Therapeutics, Corvus Pharmaceuticals, Coupa Software, Equinix, Five Prime Therapeutics, Grocery Outlet, Kodiak Sciences, Loxo Oncology, Natera, Nurix Therapeutics, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Opendoor, Pharmacyclics, Portola Pharmaceuticals, RAPT Therapeutics, Revance Therapeutics, Skillz, TaskUs, Turning Point Therapeutics and Westar Energy
- Convertible notes offerings by Chegg, Concur Technologies, GoPro, Harmonic, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, LinkedIn, Lucid Motors, Revance Therapeutics, Rovi, ServiceNow, Sunrun, Twitter, Uber, Yahoo! and Zscaler
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lucid Motors on its going public transaction with Churchill Capital Corp IV
- CrowdStrike on its acquisitions of SecureCircle, Preempt Security and Humio
- Agilent Technologies on its acquisition of Advanced Analytical Technologies
- Equinix on its acquisitions of Packet Host, data centers from Verizon, Infomart Dallas, Nimbo Technologies and its joint venture buyout of ALOG
General Corporate Advice
Emily advises on public reporting, securities compliance and corporate governance for companies such as CrowdStrike, Equinix, Lucid Motors and Texas Instruments.
Chambers USA – Capital Markets: Debt & Equity, California
Chambers USA – Capital Markets: Debt & Equity, Western United States
The Recorder – “Women Leaders in Tech Law,” 2022
Daily Journal – “Top Women Lawyers,” 2022
Daily Journal – “Top 40 Under 40,” 2021
Law360 – “Rising Star: Technology,” 2021
Daily Journal – “California Lawyer Attorney of the Year,” 2020
- Partner, 2019-present
- Associate, 2011-2019
Qualifications and admissions
- State of California