Advises on a wide range of U.S. and international restructurings, bankruptcies and liability management transactions.
David advises on a wide range of U.S. and international restructurings, bankruptcies and liability management transactions. He represents hedge funds, creditor groups, banks, companies, equity sponsors and other strategic parties.
- An ad hoc group of creditors in connection with Samarco Mineracão S.A.’s Brazilian and U.S. reorganization proceedings
- The DIP agent and arranger and prepetition collateral trustee in the chapter 11 restructuring of Talen Energy Supply and its affiliates
- Term loan lenders in connection with amendments and other financing transactions for TEAM, Inc.
- An ad hoc group of lenders DIP financing providers in the chapter 11 restructuring of Speedcast International Ltd.
- An ad hoc group of noteholders and backstop parties in liability management transactions and the eventual chapter 11 proceedings of Sable Permian Resources
- An ad hoc group of noteholders and certain backstop parties in the $20 billion cross-border restructuring of Oi S.A.
- A major Hong Kong-based creditor in the cross-border restructuring of China Fishery Group
- An ad hoc group of noteholders in the $3 billion debt restructuring of OEC
- The agent for the lenders under PG&E’s $3 billion unsecured utility credit facility
- An ad hoc group of noteholders in the chapter 11 proceedings for Alta Mesa Resources
- Ad hoc groups of noteholders and lenders and/or administrative agents for loan facilities in the restructurings of FTS International, Catalina Marketing Corp., Concordia International Corp., C&J Energy Services Ltd. and RCS Capital Corp.
- cum laude
- Articles Editor, N.Y.U. Journal of Legislation & Public Policy
- cum laude
- Partner, 2022-present
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2015-2022
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, 2013-2015
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, E.D. New York
- U.S. District Court, S.D. New York