Advises corporate and financial institution clients on all forms of capital markets transactions.
Dan represents corporate and financial institution clients in a wide variety of public and private capital-raising transactions, with a particular focus on initial public offerings, investment-grade and high-yield debt issuance, and other leveraged finance transactions. He also counsels clients on general corporate matters, including strategic transactions, corporate governance, SEC reporting and securities law compliance, and advises on the securities law aspects of numerous digital asset matters.
Dan’s transactional practice spans a broad spectrum of industries, including fintech and digital assets, consumer products and retail, technology, industrials and energy.
IPOs and Other Equity Offerings
- IPOs of Robinhood, Membership Collective Group (Soho House), ZIM Integrated Shipping Services, Red Rock Resorts and Patheon
- Follow-on or secondary equity offerings by General Motors, Hilton Worldwide Holdings, Clarivate, Clear Channel, Wabtec, Hostess Brands, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Flexion Therapeutics, Affimed, AC Immune, Orion Engineered Carbons and ZIM Integrated Shipping Services
High-Yield, Investment-Grade and Convertible Debt
- High-yield debt offerings by PetSmart, Clarivate, Kontoor Brands, Federal Express, Dun & Bradstreet, iHeart Communications, Clear Channel, Avaya, Acadia Healthcare, Bombardier, Hilton, Caesars Resort Collection, Station Casinos, Medallion Financial, Hovnanian, PL Developments, SPX FLOW and Wabash National
- Investment-grade debt offerings by ExxonMobil, General Motors, GM Financial, KKR, Lennox International and W.W. Grainger
- Convertible or exchangeable debt offerings by Galaxy Digital, Flexion Therapeutics, OmniCell and World Wrestling Entertainment
- Liability management and debt restructuring transactions involving Clarivate, Clear Channel, Caesars, Hilton, Hovnanian and JW Aluminum
- Notable strategic and separation transactions include representations of:
- Clarivate on various transactions, including its $6.8 billion acquisition of CPA Global, its $5.3 billion acquisition of ProQuest and its $950 million acquisition of Decision Resources Group
- Galaxy Digital on various transactions, including its proposed domestication to the United States and Nasdaq listing
- GE on its combination of GE Transportation with Wabtec
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on the sale of its asset management business to Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
- University Honors Program
- Phi Beta Kappa
- summa cum laude
- Partner, 2022-present
- Counsel, 2021-2022
- Davis Polk since 2014
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York