Charles advises clients on matters involving compensation and benefits, both in the course of clients’ day-to-day business dealings and in connection with mergers and acquisitions, and on ERISA’s fiduciary and prohibited transaction rules.
His compensation and benefits practice includes designing and implementing equity compensation programs, negotiating executive employment arrangements and structuring qualified plans and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements.
His ERISA practice includes advising financial institutions on their service and product offerings to retirement investors and advising private funds on accepting investments from benefit plan investors.
Additionally, Charles counsels public and pre-IPO companies, as well as their boards and compensation committees, on section 16 matters and compensation-related governance and disclosure matters.
- Livent $261.6 million stock offering
- First Mile Properties acquisition of office complex and related financing
- Infracommerce CXAAS R$870 million IPO
- VersaBank $75 million subordinated notes offering
- Coty $900 million senior secured notes offering
- Charles River Laboratories International $1 billion senior notes offering
- Sasol $1.5 billion notes offering
- Cohu $203 million follow-on offering
- Endurance International Group $685 million senior notes offering
- DocuSign $500 million revolving credit facility
- Deutsche Bank $1.25 billion subordinated Tier 2 notes offering
- SkyBridge Capital launch of its first bitcoin fund
- Prosus $1.5 billion notes offering and €600 million notes reopening
- Continental Resources $1.5 billion notes offering and concurrent tender offers
- Morgan Stanley restarts financing and structured product programs
- British American Tobacco $6.25 billion notes offering and cash tender offer
- cum laude
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- Tau Beta Pi
- cum laude
- Counsel, 2016-present
- Associate, 2009-2016