Aryeh Ethan Falk
Aryeh has substantial experience representing companies, hedge funds, banks and other strategic parties in a wide range of corporate restructuring transactions. These include prepackaged and traditional bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts, debtor-in-possession financings, section 363 sales, liability management transactions and cross-border insolvency proceedings.
Aryeh has handled restructurings in a variety of industries, including transportation, energy and finance.
- An ad hoc group of FLLO Term Loan Lenders in the chapter 11 cases of Chesapeake Energy
- Ad hoc group of TLB lenders and DIP lenders in the chapter 11 cases of Philadelphia Energy and its affiliates
- Volkswagen, as the largest customer, in the worldwide restructuring of Takata
- Citibank as administrative agent for Avaya’s prepetition credit facility and $725 million DIP credit facility in connection with Avaya’s chapter 11 restructuring
- Citibank, N.A. as administrative agent and collateral agent, and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as sole lead arranger and bookrunner, for $692 million of debtor-in-possession credit facilities for Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. and certain of its affiliates and Citicorp North America, Inc. as the agent for the debtors’ prepetition credit facilities
- Significant stakeholder with respect to Oi S.A.’s in-court restructuring in Brazil
- The note purchasers, exchanging noteholders and lenders in connection with a $400 million debt recapitalization of Venoco, Inc., consisting of new first- and second-lien notes and a new secured term loan, and the secured lenders in connection with Venoco’s chapter 11 restructuring
- The administrative agent for Enduro Resource Partners’ reserve-based loan
- The administrative agent in connection with an amendment to the first-lien term credit agreement for Pinnacle Operating Corporation.
- Arch Coal, Inc. and its affiliates on their chapter 11 cases
- Patriot Coal and its affiliates on their chapter 11 cases
- Comcast in connection with the involuntary bankruptcy of Houston Regional Sports Network, L.P.
- John M. Olin Fellowship in Law and Economics
- cum laude
- Articles Editor, Harvard Journal on Legislation
- magna cum laude
- Counsel, 2020-present
- Associate, 2012-2020