Alan F. Denenberg
Alan, co-head of our Northern California office, has extensive experience in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate advice.
He advises clients on a broad range of public and private equity, debt and convertible financings, including more than 60 IPOs since 2015. He represents U.S. and non-U.S. issuers and underwriters in industries including technology, life sciences, retail and consumer products. In numerous public and private M&A transactions, Alan has represented acquirers, target companies and private equity firms.
Law360 named Alan a "Capital Markets MVP” in 2019. Chambers USA ranks Alan in each of capital markets, convertible securities and M&A.
Alan provides general corporate advice to clients including Accuray, Acutus Medical, AssetMark, Credo Semiconductor, CrowdStrike, Equinix, Ingram Micro, McKesson, Mirion, Penumbra, PLAYSTUDIOS, QuinStreet, Shockwave Medical, Smart Global, UltraClean and Xponential Fitness.
Alan has worked on public offerings, including convertible, investment-grade and high-yield debt and equity offerings, for a variety of companies, including Alphabet, Amazon, Autodesk, Avid Bioservices, AVITA Medical, Beigene, Bloom Energy, Carvana, Cisco, Citrix, Coherus, Equinix, Five Prime, Fortinet, GoDaddy, GlobalLife, Groupon, Illumina, Intel, Intuit, Ionis, iRhythm, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Juniper, Microchip, Nanostring, Natera, NetApp, Nevro, Nike, Nurix, Nvidia, Palantir, Paypal, Penumbra, Playtika, Proofpoint, Pure Storage, Rambus, Revance, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Silicon Valley Bank, Skillz, Sonosite, Theravance, Torchmark, Twitter, Uber, Ultra Clean Holdings, Workday, Xilinx, Yelp and ZScaler.
Recent IPOs for which Alan had primary responsibility include Acutus, Alector, Aligos Therapeutics, Allakos, AssetMark, Berkeley Lights, Bloom Energy, Bolt, Carvana, Coursera, CrowdStrike, Denali, Eargo, Elastic, Endava, Frontier, GoodRx, Honest, IDEAYA, Maravai, NightDragon, Nurix, Olema, One Medical, Pivotal Software, Playtika, Poshmark, Revolution Medicines, Roku, Shockwave Medical, Seer, SMART, SolarWinds, Sumo Logic, Uber and Unity Healthcare.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- PLAYSTUDIOS on its proposed combination with Acies, a SPAC
- CrowdStrike on its acquisitions of Preempt Security and Humio
- Ingram Micro on its acquisition by Platinum Equity from HNATechnology Co., a part of HNAGroup
- Ultra Clean in its acquisitions of AIT, Sieger, Miconex, Quantum Global Technologies and Ham-Let (Israel-Canada) Ltd.
- Pivotal Software on its sale to VMware
- McKesson on its acquisitions of Medical Specialty Distributors and RxCrossroads and the divestiture of its Enterprise Information Solutions business to Allscripts
- McKesson in its joint venture with Blackstone portfolio company, Change Healthcare
- Ingram Micro in its sale to Tianjin Tianhai, a subsidiary of China's HNA Group
- WPEngine on its acquisition of Flywheel
- Silver Lake on its investment in WPEngine
- Equinix in its acquisitions of Packet Host, Switch & Data, ALOG, Nimbo, Verizon's data center business, Infomart Dallas and the sale of data centers to 365 Main
- J.P. Morgan in the acquisition of Dell by Michael Dell and Silverlake
- Ingram Micro in its acquisitions of BrightPoint, CloudBlue Technologies and Shipwire
- Smart Modular in its acquisition of Penguin Computing
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2000-present
- Partner (San Francisco); Managing Partner (Singapore office), Shearman & Sterling, 1994-2000