Davis Polk partner Patrick Sinclair and counsel Jonathan Chang will be among the speakers at ACI’s “China Forum for Legal & Compliance Officers” program.
Sinclair will be a speaker on the “DOJ Enforcement Priorities: New FCPA Developments, and What They Mean for Local and Multinational Companies in China” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- DOJ’s enforcement priorities, trends and key takeaways
- What recent FCPA enforcement actions in China reveal about the scope of prosecution and penalty risks
- Individual enforcement rosks: What has triggered liability of employees and executives
- When disclosures and cooperation can benefit your case
Chang will be a speaker on “The Evolving Legal and Compliance Functions in China: What It Takes to Be Successful in Your Role-Now More Than Ever” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- Leadership best practices and “must-have” soft skills for legal and compliance officers
- The most effective communication methods for employees and management
- How to lead the compliance effort at the corporate field levels
- How to make your mark: How to become an integral, strategic advisor to the business
- Changing policies and procedures: How to deal with the pushback and resistance to the new protocols
- Moving up the ladder: Perspectives on how to advocate for yourself and your team
The program will be held June 12-13, 2019, in Shanghai.
For more information, please visit the event website.