Davis Polk partner Lucy Farr will be among the speakers at the New York City Bar Association’s “A ‘How to Guide’ to Basic Derivatives, Swaps Clearing & Structured Products” program. Farr will speak on the “Key Considerations in Derivatives, Structured Products and Collateral” panel. Topics discussed will include:
• Regulatory margin requirements
• Collateral posting and protection issues
• Bankruptcy and credit downgrade considerations
• Understanding netting of exposures, risk exposure, valuation and risk: notional values, counterparty risk, pricing and leverage
• Use of derivatives in M&A
• Tax implications of various derivatives and structured notes
The program will be held on June 28, 2019 in New York.
For more information, please visit the event website.