Davis Polk partners Greg Andres and Kenneth Wainstein will speak at the American Conference Institute’s 37th International Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Andres will speak on the “Global Risk Think Tank – Anonymous Audience Polling” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- Navigating the web of local and multinational laws that can govern the conduct of an investigation
- Data privacy limitations on data collection and review
- Labor law limitations on data collection and review, employee interviews, and employee discipline
- State secrets law
- Determining whether or not to self-disclose findings from an investigation
- Evaluating and coordinating, in cross-border investigations, to which enforcement authorities, when, and how such disclosure should be made
- Protecting the attorney-client privilege in multiple jurisdictions
- Utilizing technology to investigate more efficiently and effectively, including spotting issues early and the pros and cons of virtual interviews versus on the ground ones
- Adapting to the unexpected, including best practices for conducting investigations in the COVID-19 era
Wainstein will speak on a Defense & Aerospace breakout session, discussing best practices tailored to the realities of the defense and aerospace business.
The event will take place virtually December 2-3, 2020.
For more information, please visit the event website.