Davis Polk associate Aryeh Falk will be among the speakers at the American Bankrupty Institute’s Cross-Border Insolvency Program. Falk will speak on the “Claims Trading in a Cross-Border World” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- How purchasing claims have become more and more prevalent with creditors.
- The concentration of claims that can lead to control blocks.
- How the concentration of claims in Eatons way back completely changed the reorganization and arguably resulted in the ultimate failure of the company.
- How does claims trading work in the more uncertain climate of retail bankruptcies, where the reorganization or liquidation of the company is not known for several months?
- The issue of claims trading in the Woodbridge bankruptcy case in Delaware regarding whether the Debtor can be compelled to consent to a transfer of a purchased claim.
The program will be held November 7, 2018, in New York.
For more information, please visit the event website.