Davis Polk partner Angela Burgess will be among speakers at ACI’s 33rd International Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Burgess will speak on an executive roundtable titled: “The Yates Memo One Year Later: How Companies, Their Executives and Outside Counsel are Now Approaching Their Roles, Investigations, Ethics and Accountability.” Topics discussed include:
- Resource allocation for ethics and compliance
- Evolving roles of legal and compliance departments, and the advisory role of outside counsel
- Updated employee training and monitoring approaches
- Strengthening corporate culture, including ethics and employee accountability
- When companies are now calling outside counsel for themselves and/or a specific employee, and how they work together
The program will be held November 29 – December 2, 2016, in Washington DC.