Mr. Schisa is counsel in Davis Polk’s Financial Institutions Group and economic sanctions and national security practice, based in the Washington DC office.
He has extensive experience with the economic sanctions laws and regulations administered by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), having served for nearly 10 years as an attorney in the Office of the Chief Counsel, Foreign Assets Control, the legal office that supports OFAC.
In that role Mr. Schisa:
- 2016 recipient of the Treasury Department Office of General Counsel’s Miklos L. Lonkay Award for Excellence
- 2014 recipient of Treasury Legal Division Award for Legal Research and Writing
- Thought Leader on Financial Regulation, Davis Polk FinReg Blog, read Mr. Schisa's posts
- Davis Polk since 2017
- Senior Counsel, Office of the Chief Counsel, Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of the Treasury, 2013-2017
- Attorney-Adviser, Office of Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of the Treasury, 2007-2013
- Associate, Wiley Rein, 2002-2007