A market leader, Mr. Witty has advised issuers and underwriters on numerous notable capital markets transactions, including:
- IPOs by CoutourGlobal, Charter Court Financial, Unicaja Banco, Wizz Air, OneSavings Bank, Royal Mail, Manchester United, Oxford Immunotec, Telepizza, Eltel, Nordax Group, Hoist Finance, Rhodes Food Group, Abengoa Yield, Thule Group, Alexander Forbes, IMCD, eDreams ODIGEO and Matas
- Equity offerings by Harmony Gold, Laboratorios Farmacéuticos Rovi, S.A., Rio Tinto, Banco Popular Espanol, Enesco Plc, Delta Lloyd, Lar Espana Real Estate, Banco de Sabadell, Abengoa Yield, National Bank of Greece, Markit, Endesa, UBM, Alpha Bank, Ocado, Capitec Bank and Banco Espirito Santo
- Debt offerings by Novo Banco, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, IHS Markit, ArcelorMittal, Dexia Credit, Abengoa, PSG Group, Societe Generale, Worldpay Finance, Danske Bank, Credit Agricole, GE Capital, Fresnillo and IBM
Mr. Witty has significant experience advising on both public and private mergers and acquisitions transactions. Notable experience includes advising:
- Mereo BioPharma Group plc on its combination with OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Dai-ichi Life Holdings in connection with its investment in and strategic cooperation with Janus Capital Group and Henderson Group
- Dialog Semiconductor on its proposed $4.6 billion acquisition of Atmel
- Tesco on the sale of Fresh & Easy to Yucaipa
- Edwards Group on its sale to Atlas Copco
- MSCI on its acquisition of IPD Group
- AstraZeneca in connection with Bristol-Myers Squibb’s acquisition of Amylin Pharmaceuticals
Before joining Davis Polk, Mr. Witty advised on the international IPOs and listings of Yell, eircom, Premier Foods, Virgin Mobile, Inmarsat, Britvic, QinetiQ, Experian, Home Retail Group, Hochschild Mining, Hansard Global, Petroplus Holdings, Sepura, Telecity Group, Namakwa Diamonds, Promethean World and AZ Electronic Materials SA.
He also advised on the rights issues and placings and open offers by Royal Bank of Scotland, HBOS, Bradford & Bingley, Centrica, British Land, Land Securities, Punch Taverns, Redrow, Yell and National Express, as well as numerous undocumented secondary offerings.
Acknowledged by all the main legal industry publications as one of the leading equity capital markets lawyers, including Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, Chambers UK, Legal 500 and IFLR1000.
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2012-present
- Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, 1996-2012