Thomas Patrick Dore, Jr.
Mr. Dore is senior counsel in Davis Polk’s Real Estate Group. He is experienced in the creation of real estate investment vehicles and acquisitions of commercial real estate properties such as Rockefeller Center and Treasure Island, CA. Together with his significant experience in cross-border commercial real estate acquisition and development in Spain and South America, he works on real estate joint ventures for the development of golf courses, hotels and multi-use arena projects. During the past decade, Mr. Dore has had extensive involvement with the creation of a number of significant real estate opportunity funds, as well as the public listing of several real estate investment trust vehicles.
- Stockbridge Real Estate in the formation of its multi-billion dollar fund complex and its acquisitions of a Hollywood Park, CA racetrack; the General Motors Linden, NJ Assembly Plant; the NBCUniversal Burbank, CA Main Studio Lot; and the Sahara Hotel & Casino and multiple related financings
- Altria and Philip Morris in the sale of their world headquarters in Manhattan and the sale of Kraft International headquarters
- Advised the White House and the National Park Service on the sale of Governors Island, NY, to the Governors Island Preservation and Education Corporation
- Comcast on its significant 5 Times Square office lease
- NBCUniversal on its new 1,300,000 square foot long-term lease arrangements at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- NBCUniversal on its approximately $1.3 billion acquisition of its studios and offices in 30 Rockefeller Plaza in Manhattan and its $122 million acquisition of the CNBC headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies
- Second Swedish National Pension Fund, Andra AP-fonden (AP2) on its investment in a $1.8 billion portfolio of U.S. commercial office buildings jointly owned by affiliates of Tishman Speyer, The South Korean National Pension Fund (NPS) and the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation
Mr. Dore worked at the Office of Economic Expansion for the State of Michigan in Brussels, Belgium, in 1978. He also conceived and assisted with preparation of the 1978 Notre Dame Law Review Special Issue – International Law.
- Sharon (CT) Historic District Commission, (2000-2010)
- New Yorkers for Parks, Board of Directors (2004-2009); Executive Committee (2006-2009)
- Loyola School, New York City, Trustee (2006- 2012)
- University of Notre Dame Law School Advisory Council, (2009- )
- Robert College, Istanbul, Turkey, Trustee (2013- )
- University of Detroit Jesuit High School, Director (2013- )
- Regional Plan Association (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut), Director (2016- )
- Senior Counsel, 2017-present
- Partner, 1987-2017
- Head of Real Estate Group, 2003-2017
Articles and Books
Fairness Opinions in Corporate Real Estate Transactions | New York Law Journal