Michael S. Hong
Mr. Hong is a partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Investment Management Group. He advises sophisticated private fund managers across all asset classes in their most complex, high-value transactions, including fund formation and ongoing investment-related advice. Mr. Hong also has extensive experience with sales, purchases and joint ventures involving alternative asset managers. His clients include Harvest Partners, LP, Trilantic Capital Management L.P., Tricon Capital Group Inc. and Aisling Capital.
Before joining Davis Polk, Mr. Hong's private fund formation clients included Apollo Global Management, GSO/Blackstone, Guggenheim Private Funds and Guggenheim Securities, Oak Hill Advisors, Quadrangle Group and Unison.
- Private Funds Management Magazine – One of the “30 Most Influential Private Equity Lawyers Under the Age of 40” stating, “[w]hen a big fund is being marketed, don't be shocked to find Michael Hong as part of the process.”
- Chambers USA – “Up and Coming”:
- Clients comment: He provides “great service to his clients” and demonstrates “a good understanding of the fundraising market.”
- The Legal 500 U.S. – One of a select few “Next Generation Lawyers”: Investment Fund Formation and Management
- Who’s Who Legal – Described as “a much-respected and energetic lawyer”
- Super Lawyers – “New York Metro Rising Star”
- Lawdragon – “Insights: Private Funds”
- Annual IBA/ABA International Conference on Private Investment Funds in London, England, topics ranging from the multijurisdictional fiduciary obligations of fund managers to current trends in marketing and private equity
- 2015 Maples Investment Funds Forum in the Cayman Islands
- Practising Law Institute’s seminar, “Delaware Law Developments 2013: What All Business Lawyers Need to Know”
- Partner, Davis Polk since 2018
- Associate, 2004-2013; Partner, 2013-2018, Paul Weiss