Matthew Yeowart is an associate in Davis Polk's Corporate Department, practicing in the London office. His practice focuses on EU and U.K. competition law. He provides general antitrust counseling to companies, represents clients in transactional and behavioral cases before the European Commission and the U.K. Competition and Markets Authority, and coordinates the work of local counsel appearing before regulators outside of the E.U. and UK. He has also previously advised clients in relation to proceedings before the European Courts, the U.K. Competition Appeal Tribunal, the U.K. High Court and the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
- Technip in its merger of equals with FMC Technologies
- Emerson Electric in relation to the:
- Acquisition of Pentair’s valves and controls business
- Sale of its network power business to Platinum Investors
- Sale of its generators/motors business to Nidec
- Chemtura in its acquisition by Lanxess
- Suez in its acquisition of GE’s water treatment and chemicals business
- NBC Universal in its strategic partnership with Euronews
- Uber China in its merger into Did Chuxping
- Volkswagen Truck in its strategic investment in Navistar
- Natura on its acquisition of The Body Shop
- Comcast Corporation on its acquisition of DreamWorks Animation
- D+M Group on its acquisition by Sound United
Before joining Davis Polk, Mr Yeowart worked at leading international law firms in London and Brussels advising clients active in various sectors, including consumer goods, agrochemicals, aviation, finance, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, real estate, automotive and media, on a wide range of behavioral and regulatory issues, conducting compliance audits and managing global merger control procedures in multiple fora.
- Davis Polk since 2016