Matthew Yeowart is an associate in Davis Polk's Corporate Department, practicing in the London office. His practice focuses on EU and U.K. competition law and foreign direct investment screening. He provides general antitrust counseling to companies, represents clients in transactional and behavioral cases before the European Commission and the U.K. Competition and Markets Authority, and coordinates the work of local counsel appearing before regulators outside of the EU and U.K. He has also previously advised clients in relation to proceedings before the European Courts, the U.K. Competition Appeal Tribunal, the U.K. High Court and the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
- Fibria Celulose SA in its acquisition by Suzano Papel e Celulose SA (including conditional clearance in the EU)
- A leading pharmaceutical company in the sale of its oncology business to Servier and related aspects of its takeover by Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd
- A global mining company in its sale of a majority stake in the world’s second-largest copper mine to the Indonesian state mining company
- Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Boyd Corporation and the sale of its interest in Hearthside Food Solutions to Charlesbank Capital Partners and Partners Group
- Technip in its merger of equals with FMC Technologies
- Emerson Electric in relation to the:
- Acquisition of Pentair’s valves and controls business
- Acquisition of General Electric’s Intelligent Platforms business
- Acquisition of the tools and test equipment business of Textron
- Acquisition of Aventics
- Acquisition of Paradigm B.V.
- Sale of its network power business to Platinum Investors
- Sale of its generators/motors business to Nidec
- Chemtura in its acquisition by Lanxess
- Suez in its acquisition of GE’s water treatment and chemicals business
- NBC Universal in its acquisition of DreamWorks Animation
- Uber China in its merger into Didi Chuxping
- Volkswagen Truck in its strategic investment in Navistar
- Natura Cosmeticos in its acquisition of The Body Shop
- Comcast Corporation in its acquisition of DreamWorks Animation
- D+M Group in its acquisition by Sound United
- Ed Broking Group Limited in its sale to BGC Partners, Inc.
- PharMerica in its acquisition by KKR and Walgreens
- Brookfield Asset Management in its acquisition of the power solutions business of Johnson Controls International
- Maersk in its disposal of Maersk Oil to Total S.A.
- Bridgepoint in its acquisition of Safety Technology Holdings
- IHS Markit in its acquisition of Ipreo
- Advanced Accelerator Applications on its sale to Novartis
- Tencent on its share swap deal with Spotify
Before joining Davis Polk, Mr Yeowart worked at leading international law firms in London and Brussels advising clients active in various sectors, including consumer goods, agrochemicals, aviation, finance, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, real estate, automotive and media, on a wide range of behavioral and regulatory issues (including advising addressees of the European Commission’s decisions in the air cargo and optical disk drives cases), conducting compliance audits and managing global merger control procedures in multiple fora.
- Davis Polk since 2016
Previously worked at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton (Brussels) and Slaughter and May (London)