Mr. Chalmers is an associate in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the London office. As a financial services and regulatory lawyer, he advises clients on a wide range of U.K. and EU regulatory matters.
He regularly advises top companies on MiFID II, EMIR, AIFMD, MAR, the EU Benchmarks Regulation, clearing and settlement, custody, prime brokerage, outsourcing, sanctions, and general compliance with the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Charles Taylor on its £261 million takeover by Lovell Minnick
- Nuvei on its $889 million takeover of SafeCharge
Prior to joining Davis Polk Mr. Chalmers advised on a number of key matters including:
- The reauthorization of a U.K. clearing house as a central counterparty under the EMIR;
- The authorization of a commodity benchmark administrator under the EU Benchmarks Regulation
- Restructuring of the client money and assets arrangements of an EU credit institution as part of its Brexit planning.
- Davis Polk since 2018