Ms. Cheng is co-head of the firm's Environmental Transactional Group in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department. She has advised clients for over three decades on a wide range of environmental matters, with a particular focus on environmental and toxic tort analysis and contractual allocation in the context of transactions, disclosure obligations, climate change legislation and general advice relating to environmental claims, liabilities and corporate policies. She has represented U.S. and international companies, financial institutions, private equity and venture capital groups and other entities in numerous transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity offerings, acquisition financings, bank lending transactions and real estate investments.
Ms. Cheng is named as a leading environmental lawyer in numerous legal industry publications and frequently speaks on, and writes about, a variety of environmental law topics.
Ms. Cheng is consistently recognized as a leading environmental lawyer:
- Best Lawyers
- "Lawyer of the Year," Environmental Law: New York, 2020
- Environmental Law: New York
- Business Edition: Women in the Law: New York
- Legal Media Group's Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers – Women in Business Law: United States
- Chambers USA – New York, Band 1
- Legal 500 U.S.
- Super Lawyers
- Who's Who Legal –The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers
In addition, she is the recipient of the Euromoney Women in Business Law – Best in Environment 2018 Award.
- Blog Post Co-Contributor, "Trump’s Proposed Environmental Agenda May Be Easier Said (or Tweeted) Than Done," Vibrant Environment Blog, Environmental Law Institute, December 12, 2016
- Frequent speaker and author of several articles on a variety of environmental topics, including:
- “The Final Fleet Factors Decision: Implications for Lender Liability,” Journal of Environmental Law and Practice
- “Disclosure of Environmental Liabilities in SEC Filings,” Journal of Environmental Law and Practice
- “Is It Hot in Here? Practical Pointers for Climate Change Disclosure,” ABA’s Environmental Transactions and Brownfields Committee Newsletter
- Steering Committee, Environmental Law Institute Leadership Council
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Counsel, 1996-present
- Associate, 1986-1996