Lawrence R. Plotkin
Mr. Plotkin is counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Real Estate Group. He represents clients in commercial real estate transactions, including the purchase, sale, financing, development and leasing of all types of commercial properties. He has extensive transactional experience representing large big-box retailers and shopping center owners and developers on leasing, acquisition, development and financing (construction and permanent loans) transactions.
Mr. Plotkin also has experience in corporate real estate transactions (including, mergers and acquisitions, private and public equity and debt offerings, sale-leasebacks and securitized financings) and in representing parties in transactions subject to bankruptcy proceedings. His practice also includes the financing, development and operation of renewable energy and infrastructure projects.
State of New York
B.A., SUNY Albany, 1984
J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1990
- cum laude
- Dean's Merit Scholar
- Member, Brooklyn Law Review
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 2015
- Partner, Head of Real Estate, Chadbourne & Parke LLP, 2007-2015
- Associate/Special Counsel, Real Estate, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, 2001-2007
- Associate, Real Estate, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP, 1993-1997
- Special Projects, Bed Bath & Beyond, 1997-2000
- Associate, Real Estate, Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, 1990-1993