John G. Crowley
Mr. Crowley is a partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Capital Markets Group. He has significant experience in public and private securities offerings in domestic and international markets. He was based in the Hong Kong office from 2001 to 2007 and advised on several of the most significant transactions in Asia, including the $21.9 billion IPO of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, at the time the largest-ever IPO. Since returning to the New York office, Mr. Crowley has worked on a wide range of securities offerings, including follow-on equity, convertible securities, high-yield and investment-grade debt offerings and acquisition financings.
Mr. Crowley is also a member of Davis Polk’s Investment Management/Private Funds Group where he advises on the formation of private funds and other investment vehicles. He also has extensive experience advising corporations, financial institutions, private funds and other principals on a wide variety of corporate and corporate finance transactions.
Mr. Crowley is listed as a leading lawyer in several legal industry publications, including:
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Chambers Asia
- Practical Law Company’s Cross-border Capital Markets Handbook and Cross-border Finance: Secured Lending Handbook
- Partner, 2000-present
- Associate, 1992-2000
- London office, 1994-1997
- Hong Kong office, 2001-2007
- Law Clerk, Hon. Lee P Gagliardi, U.S. District Court, S.D. New York, 1990-1992