Ms. Caruso is counsel in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department. She represents individual and institutional clients in complex commercial litigation, criminal and regulatory investigations, and securities class action litigation. Her recent matters include several significant professional liability cases, SEC and DOJ investigations of auditor conduct, global securities class action litigation, and internal investigations, including matters involving SOX and Dodd-Frank whisteblower allegations.
Ms. Caruso also serves as deputy general counsel to the firm.
- Major accounting firms, including PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte and KPMG, in securities and professional liability actions, as well as regulatory investigations
- PricewaterhouseCoopers in connection with litigation related to Dell and Krispy Kreme and various other civil and regulatory matters
- Deloitte in connection with litigation related to Warnaco, Brunos and Royal Ahold
- KPMG in connection with a regulatory matter
- Xactware Solutions, Inc. in antitrust and other civil litigation arising out of Hurricane Katrina-related claims practices and payments
- Financial institutions and other public companies in internal investigations, including matters involving SOX and Dodd-Frank whistleblower allegations
- Co-author, Professional Liability in Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts, West Group and ABA
- Counsel, 2006-present
- Associate, 1996-2006