Mr. Foulkes is an associate in Davis Polk's Tax Department, practicing in the London office. He advises on U.K. tax issues across the firm's practice, including in connection with corporate acquisitions and reorganizations, corporate and structured finance, intellectual property and capital markets transactions.
Recent transactions have included advising:
- Genuine Parts Company on its $2bn acquisition of Alliance Automotive Group
- Verisk Analytics on its £250m acquisition of Sequel from Hg Capital and other shareholders
- Astra Zeneca as Special Tax Counsel on its strategic collaboration with Merck
- Natura on its acquisition of The Body Shop from L’Oréal
- Astra Zeneca on the sale of its antibiotics division to Pfizer
- Technip on its $13 billion merger with FMC Technologies
- TeliaSonera on its $1.03 billion sale of its 60.4% ownership in Ncell to Axiata Group
- the joint bookrunning managers on an SEC registered offering of ordinary shares of Ensco plc
- Markit on its $13 billion merger with IHS
- Dialog Semiconductor on its proposed $4.6 billion acquisition of Atmel
- Davis Polk since 2013
- Allen & Overy, 2009-2013
Articles and Books
Anson: a Source of Relief or Confusion?