Dana M. Seshens
Ms. Seshens is a partner in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, securities class actions, and bankruptcy litigation. She has extensive experience representing corporate clients and professional firms with respect to a wide range of civil litigation and advisory matters.
- Underwriter Defendants in securities litigation arising out of the initial public offering of Arlo Technologies, Inc.
- A major financial institution and its affiliates in antitrust litigation concerning the alleged manipulation of the Canadian Dealer Offered Rate (“CDOR”)
- Aetna Inc. and its board of directors in:
- Securities litigation arising out of the proposed Aetna-CVS merger
- Securities litigation and shareholder matters arising out of Aetna’s decision to withdraw from certain public healthcare exchanges
- Shareholder litigation arising out of Aetna’s proposed acquisition of Humana Inc.
- Securities litigation concerning Aetna's disclosure of information related to political contributions
- Shareholder litigation arising out of Aetna’s acquisition of Coventry Health Care, Inc.
- Roche Diagnostics Operations, Inc. and Roche Diagnostics Hematology, Inc. in a contract dispute in Delaware Chancery Court relating to earn-out provisions in a merger agreement
- Comcast Corporation and certain affiliates in:
- Bankruptcy proceedings and related litigation concerning Comcast SportsNet Houston
- Patent infringement litigation brought by Rovi Guides and Veveo
- Class action antitrust litigation as trial counsel
- SLRC Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of Universal Parks and Resorts, in a real estate dispute concerning land in Orlando
- Fortune 50 company in an arbitration involving a multibillion-dollar contract dispute
- NBC Universal LLC in a putative class action brought by former college football and basketball players asserting, among other things, right of publicity and antitrust claims
- Sterling Equities and the owners of the New York Mets in the Madoff liquidation proceeding
- Morgan Stanley in putative securities class action and other litigation related to residential mortgage-backed securities
- A major financial institution as trial counsel in avoidance and common-law tort litigation arising out of the bankruptcy of Adelphia Communications Corp.
- A consortium of lending institutions as trial counsel in litigation arising out of the leveraged buyout of Clear Channel Communications
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in connection with various proceedings related to events at Tyco International, Ltd.
- Law360 – “Rising Star”: Securities (Read "Rising Star: Davis Polk's Dana Seshens”)
- Benchmark Litigation – “Future Star": New York
- Board Member, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
- Partner, 2011-present
- Associate, 2003-2011
- Law Clerk, Hon. Carol Bagley Amon, U.S. District Court, E.D. New York, 2002-2003