Bruce K. Dallas
A partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, Mr. Dallas is a founding partner of the Menlo Park office. He advises on corporate finance, derivatives, SEC disclosure and corporate governance. His transactional work includes initial public offerings (with an emphasis on bio-tech and high-tech companies), high-yield, convertible and straight debt offerings and issuer repurchase programs.
Mr. Dallas has been the primary capital markets partner for Comcast, E*TRADE, Leidos, Masco, NBCUniversal, Roper Technologies, Science Applications International Corporation and Texas Instruments. He also regularly represents leading underwriters. Mr. Dallas authored three recent SEC no-action letters, two for Comcast permitting its then 51% subsidiary, NBCUniversal, to be treated as wholly owned for purposes of reduced SEC periodic reporting, one confirming this relief following the acquisition from GE and one for SAIC permitting it to use Rule 14a-16 (Notice and Access) for the collapse of its holding company structure.
- Masco’s $1 billion spinoff of TopBuild
- An aggregate of $31.1 billion in debt offerings representing issuers including Comcast, Masco, Roper Technologies, Texas Instruments and TTX Company
- Initial public offerings by Achaogen, Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Aeglea Biotherapeutics, Aimmune Therapeutics, Atara Biotherapeutics, BeiGene, Corvus Pharmaceuticals, Global Blood Therapeutics, Loxo Oncology, Revance Therapeutics, SecureWorks and Versartis
- Equity offerings by Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Ardelyx, Atara Biotherapeutics, BIND Therapeutics, Endocyte, Esperion Therapeutics, Global Blood Therapeutics, Loxo Oncology, Portola Pharmaceuticals, Revance Therapeutics, Versartis, Xencor and Xenoport
- An aggregate of $3.53 billion in convertible notes offerings by Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Brocade Communications Systems, Cepheid, Depomed, Electronics For Imaging, FireEye, Inphi Corporation, Palo Alto Networks and Xenoport
Mr. Dallas is consistently recognized as a leader in the legal industry:
- Chambers USA – Capital Markets: California, Band 1, so ranked every year since the inaugural issue in 2007
- Chambers Global
- Legal 500 U.S.
- Daily Journal – “Top 100 Lawyers,” California
- PLI: Drafting Securities Filings, annually 2010-2015
- Northwestern Law School: 37th and 40th Annual Securities Regulation Institutes
- Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals, 2009 National Conference
- Partner, 1994-present
- Associate, 1985-1994
- Law Clerk, Hon. Harry W. Wellford, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1984-1985