Brian D. Hirsch
Mr. Hirsch is a partner in Davis Polk's Corporate Department, practicing in the Real Estate Group. He regularly advises public and private companies, real estate investment trusts, developers, investors, private equity funds and financial institutions in a wide range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, financings, leasing, sale-leasebacks and preferred equity investments. He has broad experience in the acquisition, disposition and financing of large portfolios of real estate, including shopping centers, performing and non-performing mortgage loans, office buildings and wireless telecommunications towers.
Select Work Highlights
- Related Companies and Oxford Properties in various transactions, including the $1.5 billion construction loan for the development of the Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards and their platform joint venture with José Andrés' ThinkFoodGroup to develop, own and operate a Spanish style food hall and market.
- Vanbarton Group on its acquisition and financing of 115 Sansome Street, San Francisco, CA.
- Bouwinvest in its joint venture with Tishman Speyer to acquire an interest in a multi-party investment vehicle sponsored by Tishman Speyer to develop “The Spiral”, a 65 story trophy office tower.
- Related Companies in its joint venture with Vornado Realty Trust to own and operate 85 10th Avenue, New York, NY and representation of the Related/Vornado joint venture in connection with a $625 million CMBS financing secured by the property.
- RXR Realty in various transactions, including the acquisition of a 49% controlling interest in 5 Times Square, New York, NY and construction financing for the 56 acre Garvies Point development in Glen Cove, Long Island.
- SL Green Realty Corp. in various transactions, including the sale of 7 Renaissance Square in White Plains, NY and the acquisition of 102 Greene Street in New York, NY.
- Moinian Limited, a British Virgin Islands company, in its NIS1.4 billion ($361 million) bond issuance on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Davis Polk since 2014
- Partner, 2018 - present
- Counsel, 2014 - 2018
Debevoise & Plimpton, 2011-2014
Greenberg Traurig, 2007-2011