Ajay B. Lele
Mr. Lele is counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Mergers and Acquisitions Group. His practice includes all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including public and private company transactions, private equity transactions and joint ventures.
- Heineken in the acquisition of the second-largest beer company in Brasil from Kirin
- Dyal Capital Partners in its strategic minority investments in Atalaya Capital Management and Sound Point Capital
- Sheltered Harbor LLC, an industry-led not-for-profit organization operated under the auspices of the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), on its formation and related transactions
- Strategic Growth Bank and Strategic Growth Bancorp in their merger with Sunflower Financial to form FirstSun Capital Bancorp
- Axel Springer SE in its acquisition of eMarketer Inc.
- Lockheed Martin in its acquisition of Sikorsky Aircraft
- Bertelsmann in the formation of Penguin Random House with Pearson plc and subsequent increase of Bertelsmann’s ownership to 75%
- Comcast on the strategic investments by NBCUniversal in BuzzFeed
- Banco Santander in its $3.1 billion exchange offers to acquire additional equity of Banco Santander (Brasil) S.A.
- Sterling Financial Corporation in its $2 billion merger with Umpqua Holdings Corporation
- Murphy Oil Corporation in the sales of its Meraux, Louisiana refinery to Valero and its Superior, Wisconsin refinery to Calumet Specialty Products Partners
- Sponsors in connection with the backstop of a $355 million equity rights offering to finance Cooper-Standard Automotive’s emergence from Chapter 11
- Morgan Stanley in the $1.5 billion sale of Van Kampen to Invesco
- Citigroup in the establishment of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Limited Brands in the divestitures of Express and Limited Stores
- Patriot Coal in its acquisition of Magnum Coal
- AmerisourceBergen in the formation of PharMerica Corporation
- Counsel, 2010-present
- Associate, 2000-2010