Ajay B. Lele
Mr. Lele is counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Mergers & Acquisitions Group. His practice includes all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including public and private company transactions, private equity transactions and joint ventures.
- Heineken in the acquisition of the second-largest beer company in Brasil from Kirin
- Dyal Capital Partners in its strategic minority investments in Atalaya Capital Management and Sound Point Capital
- Sheltered Harbor LLC, an industry-led not-for-profit organization operated under the auspices of the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC), on its formation and related transactions
- Strategic Growth Bank and Strategic Growth Bancorp in their merger with Sunflower Financial to form FirstSun Capital Bancorp
- Axel Springer SE in its acquisition of eMarketer Inc.
- Lockheed Martin in its acquisition of Sikorsky Aircraft
- Bertelsmann in the formation of Penguin Random House with Pearson plc and subsequent increase of Bertelsmann’s ownership to 75%
- Comcast on the strategic investments by NBCUniversal in BuzzFeed
- Banco Santander in its $3.1 billion exchange offers to acquire additional equity of Banco Santander (Brasil) S.A.
- Sterling Financial Corporation in its $2 billion merger with Umpqua Holdings Corporation
- Murphy Oil Corporation in the sales of its Meraux, Louisiana refinery to Valero and its Superior, Wisconsin refinery to Calumet Specialty Products Partners
- Sponsors in connection with the backstop of a $355 million equity rights offering to finance Cooper-Standard Automotive’s emergence from Chapter 11
- Morgan Stanley in the $1.5 billion sale of Van Kampen to Invesco
- Citigroup in the establishment of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Limited Brands in the divestitures of Express and Limited Stores
- Patriot Coal in its acquisition of Magnum Coal
- Counsel, 2010-present
- Associate, 2000-2010