Davis Polk receives 14 nominations for ALB Japan Law Awards 2021
Davis Polk received 14 nominations across eight categories for Asian Legal Business’ Japan Law Awards 2021, including International Deal firm of the Year, Dealmaker of the Year (Ken Lebrun) and Managing Partner of the Year (Jon Gray). The awards recognize the outstanding performance of private practitioners and in-house counsel in Japan and around the region.
The firm is shortlisted in the following categories:
- Dealmaker of the Year – Ken Lebrun
- Managing Partner of the Year – Jon Gray
- International Deal Firm of the Year
- Debt Market Deal of the Year – Nissan Motor's USD and EUR Senior Notes Offerings
- Debt Market Deal of the Year – Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank's Senior Notes Offering
- Debt Market Deal of the Year – The Metropolis of Tokyo's Bond Offering
- Equity Market Deal of the Year – ANA Holdings' Global Offering of Common Stock
- Equity Market Deal of the Year – Asahi Group's Global Offering
- Equity Market Deal of the Year – SoftBank's Global Public Offering
- Equity Market Deal of the Year – SoftBank Group's Block Trade Sale of Common Stock of SoftBank Corp.
- Equity Market Deal of the Year – SoftBank's Monetization of T-Mobile Interest
- M&A Deal of the Year (Midsize) – Kyocera’s Acquisition of AVX
- M&A Deal of the Year (Premium) – Nitori Holdings' Competing Tender Offer for Acquisition of Shimachu's Shares
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications Deal of the Year – Showa Denko’s Acquisition of Hitachi Chemical
The ALB Japan Law Awards will be presented virtually on September 30, 2021.