Yan is a member of our Capital Markets and Derivatives & Structured Products practices. She represents financial institutions in securities offerings of structured products linked to equities, commodities, currencies, rates and combinations of these assets.
She has extensive experience in the development of new financial products, including exchange traded notes and proprietary indices for retail and institutional investors. Financial institutions, corporations and investment funds seek her advice on structuring, negotiating and documenting equity derivatives transactions as well as offerings of convertible and exchangeable securities.
Yan received the “Best in Structured Finance” award at the 2019 Euromoney LMG Americas Women in Business Law Awards.
- A large European financial institution on over 500 structured products offerings valued over $6 billion in the aggregate during 2014
- Joint book-running managers on an SEC-registered offering of 22,000,000 depositary shares representing $3.6 billion aggregate liquidation amount of mandatory convertible preferred stock of Apache Corporation
- Joint book-running managers on an SEC-registered offering of $3.63 billion aggregate principal amount of equity units of PPL Corporation
- A leading automobile manufacturerin connection with:
- The negotiation and modification of the class action settlement agreement with the UAW
- The related issuance of a $6.7 billion amortizing guaranteed secured note due 2022
- A $6.5 billion stock-settleable amortizing guaranteed secured note due 2022 and 362 million warrants to purchase shares of automobile manufacturer's common stock
- The SEC-registered offering of 362 million warrants by the UAW for aggregate proceeds of $1.8 billion
- Hedging counterparties in connection with convertible note hedge and warrant transactions with Legg Mason, Inc. relating to Legg Mason’s sale of $1.25 billion senior convertible notes due 2015 to a private equity firm
- A large U.S. bank in connection with a sovereign wealth fund's purchase of such bank’s $5.6 billion equity units with mandatory conversion into its common stock
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- James Kent Scholar
- Editor, Columbia Journal of Asian Law
- Peter Sajovic Memorial Prize
- Partner, 2016-present
- Counsel, 2012-2016
- Associate, 2004-2012
Qualifications and Admissions
- State of New York