W. Soren Kreider IV
Advises clients on a full range of public and private transactions, both U.S. and cross-border. Represents SPACs, sponsors and private companies in SPAC transactions.
Soren advises on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic collaborations, spinoffs, restructurings, bankruptcy rights offerings and asset acquisitions, private placements, PIPE investments, venture capital investments and general corporate matters. He is also active in transactions involving special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), advising SPACs, private equity sponsors of SPACs and private target companies involved in SPAC transactions.
- Lavoro $1.2 billion combination with TPB Acquisition Corp.
- ProKidney on its $1.8 billion combination with Social Capital Suvretta Holdings Corp. III
- Dynamics Special Purpose $601 million combination with Senti Biosciences
- Alpha Capital Acquisition $1 billion merger with Semantix
- SatixFy on its $813 million combination with Endurance Acquisition Corp.
- Highland Transcend Partners I on its $1.9 billion merger with Pharmapacks
- Silver Spike Acquisition Corp. II on its $446 million combination with Eleusis
- Valens Semiconductor $1.1 billion combination with PTK Acquisition
- Elliott Opportunity II $609.5 million IPO
- Dynamics Special Purpose $230 million IPO
Strategic Mergers, Acquisitions, Restructurings, Joint Ventures and Spinoffs
- Clarivate Analytics $950 million acquisition of Decision Resources Group
- Roper Technologies in the $1.625 billion acquisition of iPipeline Holdings, Inc.
- Masco Corporation on its acquisition of Kichler Lighting
- Uniti Group on its $700 million acquisition of Southern Light, LLC
- Communications Sales & Leasing on its $170 million acquisition of Hunt Telecommunications, LLC
- American Commercial Lines chapter 11 reorganization
- Bristow chapter 11 reorganization
- FMC separates its lithium business into the new Livent, with a $340 million IPO
- VF Corporation spinoff of Kontoor Brands
- Baker Hughes on formation of a North American land pressure pumping company with CSL Capital Management and Goldman Sachs’ Merchant Banking Division
Private Equity Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Cornell Capital’s acquisition of trustaff and CardioSolution in combination with Stella, as well as various other transactions
- Kissner Group Holdings sale to Stone Canyon Industries
- Lightyear Capital on various transactions
- Tailwind Capital on various transactions
- James Kent Scholar
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Prize
- Senior Editor and Bluebook Editor, Columbia Law Review
- summa cum laude
- Dean's List
- Counsel, 2022-present
- Associate, 2015-2022
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York