Veronica M. Wissel
Advises clients on a variety of compensation-related matters, with an emphasis on compensation and benefits issues relating to M&A transactions.
Veronica regularly advises on complex compensation-related matters including the design and implementation of equity, retention and incentive plans; compensation, disclosure and regulatory compliance; and employment negotiations with senior executives. She has extensive experience in public and private M&A, carve-outs, spinoffs and private equity transactions, giving her a broad perspective on the unique issues associated with different deal structures and dynamics.
She also regularly provides advice on employment, compensation and benefits matters to public companies and compensation committees at all stages, from newly public companies to mature large-cap companies.
Veronica has been recognized as a leading lawyer by publications including Chambers USA, Crain’s New York Business, Legal 500 U.S. and Law360. She is on the board of Lawyers Advocates for Children of New York.
M&A Advice – Public and Strategic
- Nuvei in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Paya Holdings and related financing transactions
- Billtrust in its $1.7 billion sale to EQT Private Equity
- PwC in its sale of the Global Mobility Tax and Immigration Services Practice to CD&R
- The CEO of Institutional Shareholder Services on Deutsche BorseAG’s acquisition of the company and the creation of a management investment entity structure, and the subsequent combination of Institutional Shareholder Services with Qontigo to create ISS STOXX
- Sun Pharmaceuticals on its acquisition of Concert Pharmaceuticals
- Ocado Group on its acquisitions of 6 River Systems, Kindred Systems and Haddington Dynamics
- Icon Parking in connection with its management-led buyout
- Roche in its $7.1 billion acquisition of Telavant
- FirstGroup on its $4.6 billion sale of First Student and First Transit to EQT Infrastructure
- MSG Entertainment on its acquisition of MSG Networks
- CrowdStrike on its acquisitions of Humio and Preempt Security
- MDLIVE on its acquisition by Evernorth
- CenterState Bank on its $6 billion merger of equals with SouthState
- Equinix on its $335 million acquisition of Packet Host
- PwC on its $635 million sale of its government consulting practice to Veritas Capital
IPO and Ongoing Advisory Matters
Veronica has been the lead executive compensation partner on numerous IPOs, de-SPAC transactions, spinoffs and similar go-public transactions, including Weber, Crowdstrike, Assetmark, Doma Holdings, Inc., Lucid Motors and others. She also provides ongoing advice on employment, compensation and benefits matters to various public and private companies and compensation committees.
Chambers USA – Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, New York, Up and Coming
Crain’s New York Business – “Notable Women in Law,” 2021
Law360 – “Rising Star: Benefits,” 2020
Legal 500 U.S. – Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and Retirement Plans: Transactional, Next Generation Partner
- magna cum laude
- Partner, 2016-present
- Counsel, 2015-2016
- Davis Polk since 2012
- Shearman & Sterling, 2008-2012
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York