Advises corporate clients on all aspects of ongoing compliance matters, including corporate governance, capital structure, public reporting and disclosure.
Vanessa has experience in a wide variety of capital markets transactions. Her practice focuses on advising corporate clients on all aspects of ongoing compliance matters, including corporate governance, capital structure, public reporting and disclosure. She has worked with clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including technology, healthcare, consumer products, energy and mining, insurance and securities.
Vanessa is dual qualified in Hong Kong and in England and Wales.
- The People’s Insurance Company (Group) of China, China Cinda Asset Management, New China Life Insurance Company, Postal Saving Bank of China, CSC Financial, China Nonferrous Mining Corporation, Hilong Holding, Mongolian Mining Corporation, China Yongda Automobiles Services, Forgame, Kerry Logistics Network, Yihai International and Tongcheng Network on their on-going compliance matters
Before joining Davis Polk, Vanessa’s experience at the SFC included vetting listing applications and applications for exemption from Companies Ordinance. Her previous deal experience includes advising:
- China Datang Corporation Renewable Power Co. $642 million Hong Kong IPO and global offering
- the underwriters on the $312 million Hong Kong IPO and global offering of China Suntien Green Energy Corporation
- Glorious Property Holdings $1.28 billion Hong Kong IPO and global offering
- BBMG Corporation $884 million Hong Kong IPO and global offering
- Western Mining Co.,$827 million Hong Kong IPO and global offering
- Anhui Tianda Oil Pipe Company $64 million IPO on the Growth Enterprise Market and its migration to the Main Board
- Minth Group $64 million Hong Kong IPO and global offering
- China COSCO Holdings Company $1.28 billion Hong Kong IPO and global offering
- GZI REIT Asset Management $266 million Hong Kong IPO and global offeringof GZI REIT, which comprises four prime commercial properties in Guangzhou
- Advised China Longyuan Power Group Corporation and China Datang Corporation Renewable Power Co., on their on-going compliance matters
- Advised other listed companies on compliance matters, including connected transactions and major transactions
Other corporate experience where Vanessa represented:
- Bright New Investments, a wholly owned subsidiary of Glorious Property Holdings, on the sale of the entire issued share capital of a BVI company (which in turn holds a property development in the PRC) to Shanghai Industrial Holdings for an aggregate consideration for $290 million
- Xinyu Hengeli Holdings $79 million top-up placement
- the underwriters on the $196 million top-up placement by KWG Property Holding
- SearchMedia International $20 million Series B financing from two strategic investors
- CapitaLand on the acquisition of two retail malls in Beijing, China, for $209 million from Beijing Hualian Group Investment Holding Co.
- with merit
- Counsel, 2022-present
- Davis Polk since 2013
- Securities and Futures Commission, 2011-2013
- Clifford Chance, 2009-2011
- Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker, 2004-2009
Qualifications and admissions
- Hong Kong