Stefani Johnson Myrick
Focuses on government investigations and enforcement actions, including matters related to the enforcement of the federal securities laws.
Stefani’s practice focuses on government investigations and enforcement actions, with a particular focus on matters related to the enforcement of the federal securities laws. She has represented multinational corporations, financial institutions, boards of directors, and individuals in connection with investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodities Futures Trading Commission and the Federal Reserve.
Stefani also represents clients in connection with confidential internal investigations. She advises clients on corporate governance and compliance matters, including the design of policies and procedures to mitigate insider trading and other risks.
- A large tech company in an SEC investigation
- A large transportation company in an SEC investigation
- A post-SPAC company in an SEC investigation, which ended without enforcement action
- The special committee of the board of directors of a life sciences company in an internal investigation
- Fortune Global 100 corporation in an SEC investigation related to business with a state-owned company in South Africa
- A China-based retail company in connection with fraud investigations by DOJ and SEC
- McGraw Hill Financial and Standard & Poor’s Financial Services in connection with lawsuits brought by the SEC, DOJ and attorneys general of numerous states concerning the ratings of residential mortgage-backed securities
- ExxonMobil in its successful lawsuit against OFAC and the U.S. Treasury Department challenging a finding of violation and assessment of penalty under the Ukraine-Related Sanctions Regulations
- Liquidnet, a dark pool, in connection with an SEC investigation into the use of confidential customer data, in a matter resolved with a non-fraud settlement
- A high-frequency trading firm in an SEC inquiry relating to the high-frequency trading industry, which ended without enforcement action
- Financial institutions, registered broker-dealers, other companies and individuals in investigations involving the SEC
- Editor in Chief, Harvard Journal of Law & Gender
- magna cum laude
- Counsel, 2019-present
- Associate, 2009-2019
Qualifications and admissions
- District of Columbia
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, S.D. New York