Simon is co-head of our Europe practice. His practice focuses on public and private securities offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
Simon’s capital markets work spans IPOs, secondary and follow-on offerings, investment-grade and high-yield debt offerings, tender offers and other transactions. He has advised clients on both public and private mergers and acquisitions, as well as on strategic investments in other companies.
A market leader, Simon has advised issuers and underwriters on numerous notable capital markets transactions, including:
- IPOs by ContourGlobal, Charter Court Financial, Unicaja Banco, Wizz Air, OneSavings Bank, Royal Mail, Manchester United, Oxford Immunotec, Telepizza, Eltel, Nordax Group, Hoist Finance, Rhodes Food Group, Abengoa Yield, Thule Group, Alexander Forbes, IMCD, eDreams ODIGEO and Matas
- Equity offerings by Harmony Gold, Laboratorios Farmacéuticos Rovi, S.A., Rio Tinto, Banco Popular Espanol, Ensco Plc, Delta Lloyd, Lar Espana Real Estate, Banco de Sabadell, Abengoa Yield, National Bank of Greece, Markit, Endesa, UBM, Alpha Bank, Ocado, Capitec Bank and Banco Espirito Santo
- Debt offerings by Novo Banco, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, IHS Markit, ArcelorMittal, Dexia Credit, Abengoa, PSG Group, Societe Generale, Worldpay Finance, Danske Bank, Credit Agricole, GE Capital, Fresnillo and IBM
Mergers and Acquisitions
Simon has significant experience advising on both public and private mergers and acquisitions transactions. Notable experience includes advising:
- Mereo BioPharma Group plc on its combination with OncoMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Dai-ichi Life Holdings in connection with its investment in and strategic cooperation with Janus Capital Group and Henderson Group
- Dialog Semiconductor on its proposed $4.6 billion acquisition of Atmel
- Tesco on the sale of Fresh & Easy to Yucaipa
- Edwards Group on its sale to Atlas Copco
- MSCI on its acquisition of IPD Group
- AstraZeneca in connection with Bristol Myers Squibb's acquisition of Amylin Pharmaceuticals
- Balliol College
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2012-present
- Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, 1996-2012
Qualifications and Admissions
- England and Wales