Represents multinational companies, financial institutions, boards and individuals in civil and criminal matters.
Sidney represents companies, boards of directors, financial institutions and individuals in criminal, regulatory and internal investigations involving allegations of securities fraud, sexual misconduct, foreign corrupt practices, money laundering and other financial crimes. Sidney also advises companies and boards on governance and compliance.
Sidney has represented multinational companies, boards and other entities on various critical workplace misconduct matters, including highly sensitive sexual misconduct investigations, proactive assessments, crisis management and related compliance.
- Boards, companies and individuals on workplace misconduct matters, including highly sensitive investigations, proactive assessments, crisis management and related compliance
- A Fortune 100 company in connection with sensitive allegations of sexual misconduct
- An investigation for an international company relating to allegations of sexual misconduct by independent contractors
- Major financial institutions, other companies and individuals in investigations involving the SEC, DOJ and other regulators
- BHP Billiton in connection with SEC and DOJ investigations into potential FCPA breaches related to exploration and development efforts, as well as hospitality provided as part of the company’s sponsorship of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, resulting in a DOJ declination and a settled SEC administrative order
- Major financial institution with respect to multiple inquiries from a range of federal and state agencies relating to the operation of the CARES Act funding, including loans processed pursuant to the Paycheck Protection Program
- summa cum laude
- Executive Articles Editor, Brooklyn Law Review
- cum laude
- Partner, 2023-present
- Counsel, 2016-2023
- Davis Polk since 2009
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York