Sharon serves as Davis Polk’s Special Counsel for Pro Bono, after a 30-year career as a litigator at the firm. She oversees our broad and ambitious array of pro bono cases and initiatives, and she coordinates our close collaborations with numerous legal services organizations.
With our Pro Bono Committee, Sharon guides our strategy to enhance and expand our pro bono program. She also works closely with individual associates and supervises a variety of matters ranging from wrongful conviction, criminal appeals, immigration, education, domestic violence and family law matters.
Sharon joined the firm in 1982 and was a litigation partner for almost 15 years. From 2006 through 2011, she served as Co-Chair of the Pro Bono Committee. She has served on the boards of organizations including the Schuyler Center for Analysis and Advocacy, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest, Hour Children, the Correctional Association of New York and Advocates for Children.
- summa cum laude
- Member, Brooklyn Law Review
- Special Counsel for Pro Bono, 2012-present
- Senior Counsel, 2011-2012
- Partner, 1997-2011
- Senior Attorney, 1990-1997
- Associate, 1982-1990
Qualifications and Admissions
- State of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, E.D. New York
- U.S. District Court, S.D. New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs