Represents lenders and borrowers in connection with U.S. and cross-border financings, workouts, debt restructurings and intercreditor issues.
Monica has extensive experience in the representation of lenders and borrowers in connection with U.S. and cross-border acquisition and leveraged buyout financings, first- and second-lien financings, workouts, debt restructurings and intercreditor issues.
Chambers USA and IFLR1000 recognizes Monica for her work in the banking space.
Leveraged Acquisition and Term Loan Arranger Representations
- $700 million senior secured term loan facility for Ciena Corporation
- $740 million senior secured facilities for the acquisition of Caprock Midstream Holdings LLC by affiliates of Blackstone
- $2.2 billion senior secured facilities and bridge commitments to Energizer Corporation for its acquisition of certain businesses of a global consumer products company
- $1.4 billion senior secured facilities for Charter NEX US, Inc., in connection with its acquisition by Leonard Green Partners and subsequent acquisition of Next Generation Films
- $815 million senior secured facilities for the acquisition of a the fire safety and oil additives businesses of Israel Chemicals Limited by SK Capital Partners
Asset-Based Arranger Representations
- $2 billion asset-based revolving credit facility and $150 million first-in, last-out facility for Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. in connection with its acquisition of AK Steel
- $50 million asset-based revolving credit facility in connection with the acquisitions of BMS Enterprises, Inc. by AEA Investors
- $175 million first-lien asset-based revolving facility in connection with the acquisition of Imperial Dade by Bain Capital Private Equity Fund, LP
- $1 billion asset-based revolving facility in connection with the acquisition of Deck Chassis Holdings, Inc. by an affiliate of Apollo Global Management, LLC
- $300 million asset-based revolving credit facility for Chewy, Inc.
Restructuring and Bankruptcy Representations
- Supersenior and debtor-in-possession financings provided by an ad hoc group of term lenders for McDermott International
- Supersenior and debtor-in-possession financings provided by an ad hoc group of term lenders for Murray Energy Corporation
- Debtor-in-possession financing for Windstream Holdings, Inc.
Investment Grade Arranger Representations
- $1.25 billion revolving credit facility for Celanese Corporation
- $1 billion revolving credit facility for The Hartford
Chambers USA – Banking & Finance, New York
IFLR1000 – Banking, United States, Highly Regarded
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- magna cum laude
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2013-present
- Partner, Shearman & Sterling, 2008-2013
- Associate, Shearman & Sterling, 1999-2007
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York