Michael J. Rishty
Co-head of Real Estate practice. Experience across acquisitions, dispositions, development, joint ventures, financing, restructuring and leasing.
Michael is co-head of our Real Estate practice. He concentrates in commercial real estate and has wide-ranging experience in many aspects of real estate law.
He advises major property owners, developers, sponsors, credit and other funds and other investors on acquisitions, dispositions, development projects, financings and restructurings, preferred equity, joint ventures and sale-leaseback transactions.
Michael also advises clients on the real estate aspects of mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- Related Companies and Oxford Properties Group in their $1.5 billion construction financing for the development of the one million square foot destination retail project, The Shops & Restaurants at Hudson Yards
- A joint venture led by an affiliate of Extell Development Company on the negotiation of a lease with an affiliate of Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc., for construction of a “Hard Rock” branded hotel in Times Square and related $225 million construction loan financing
- A joint venture between affiliates of Square Mile Capital and Hackman Capital Partners LLC on the acquisition of the property commonly referred to as “Silvercup Studios” for $560 million, together with a $323 million acquisition financing
- Square Mile Capital and USAA Real Estate Company on their joint venture with an affiliate of Hackman Capital Partners for the:
- $750 million acquisition of the property commonly referred to as “CBS Television City” from CBS Broadcasting
- $375 million acquisition of MBS Media Campus from affiliates of The Carlyle Group
- acquisition of a 49% interest in each of The Culver Studios and Culver Steps in Culver City, CA
- El-Ad Group and Star Real Estate Venture, a joint venture between affiliates of El-Ad Group and Yellowstone Portfolio LLC, in connection with the sale of all Star’s assets, consisting of 48 multifamily properties located in 11 states and comprising 14,414 apartments, for $1.75 billion
- A joint venture between Related Companies and affiliates of Spitzer Enterprises to develop a mixed-use project with over 1.4 million zoning square feet to be comprised of residential, office and retail components and a community facility near the Hudson Yards development
- Naftali Group on its joint venture with Rockefeller Group and its joint venture on the acquisition of six properties and adjoining air rights from Muss Development and the Aryeh family for a purchase price of $167.9 million, which will be developed into a mixed use commercial and luxury residential condominium project at 204 East 83rd Street in New York City
- El Ad Group on its $451 million inventory loan for a luxury residential condominium at 108 Leonard Street in the New York City neighborhood of Tribeca
Chambers USA – Real Estate: Mainly Dirt, New York
Super Lawyers – “Super Lawyer: Real Estate,” 2015-2021, New York
- cum laude
- cum laude
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2015-present
- Chair, New York Real Estate Practice, Greenberg Traurig, 2014-2015
- Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, 2009-2015
- Associate, Solomon & Weinberg/Greenberg Traurig, 2006-2008
- Associate, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, 2001-2006
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York