Jordan Leigh Smith
Jordan advises clients on compliance and anti-corruption matters, including providing advice on civil, criminal and internal investigations relating to alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), fraud and other financial crimes. Her significant experience in compliance includes serving as acting Chief Compliance Officer for a global industrial company.
She assesses compliance programs, advises on remediation steps and implementation of effective compliance programs, engages in risk assessments, and advises on corporate governance issues. She conducts due diligence and provides strategic, structural, contractual and risk mitigation advice in connection with M&A, joint ventures, investments and third-party engagements.
Clients also turn to Jordan for practical advice on day-to-day compliance issues, including in connection with contractual negotiations, reviewing policies and procedures, enhancing internal systems and controls, training and disciplinary issues.
- Juniper Networks, Inc. $500 Million Notes Offering with Concurrent Cash Tender Offer
- Davis Polk Advises Millicom on Its Acquisition of Telefónica Assets
- Goldman Sachs affiliates' acquisition of Boyd
- Davis Polk Advises Masco Corporation on Its Acquisition of Kichler Lighting
- Davis Polk Advises NBC News on Its Strategic Partnership with Euronews
- Davis Polk Advises Comcast on Its Acquisition of Craftsy
- Millicom combination of its operations in Ghana with Bharti Airtel
- Telecom Argentina Decision Affirmed on Appeal
- summa cum laude
- Editor in Chief, Hofstra Law Review
- Phi Beta Kappa
- cum laude
- Counsel, 2018-present
- Associate, 2005-2017