Jonathan B. Brown
Jonathan represents financial sponsors, corporate borrowers, underwriters and various lenders in a wide range of U.S. and cross-border transactions, including leveraged acquisition financings, project financings, asset-based financings, exit financings and investment-grade, unsecured financings.
His sponsor and corporate clients have included Cornell Capital, Crestview Partners, Lightyear Capital, Loews, Madison Dearborn Partners, Metalmark Capital, Computer Sciences, Pernix Therapeutics Holdings and Ultra Clean Holdings. In addition, hedge funds and corporations seek Jonathan’s advice in negotiating MRA and GMRA-standard agreements and other trading and financing documentation.
Recent Sponsor Representations
- Corelle Brands, a Cornell Capital portfolio company, in connection with financing for its acquisition of Instant Brands
- Whitney Wolfe Herd, Bumble’s founder, on the acquisition by Blackstone of a majority stake in MagicLab, and subsequent $2.5 billion IPO of Bumble
- BDT Capital Partners and certain of its portfolio companies on various acquisition financings and refinancings related thereto
- Sterling Equities and the New York Mets on the sale of the New York Mets Major League Baseball franchise to entities affiliated with Steven A. Cohen
- Ankura Consulting, a Madison Dearborn portfolio company, in connection with financing for its acquisition of various lines of business from Navigant Consulting
- Loews Corporation and its portfolio company Altium Packaging on various acquisitions and refinancings
- Metalmark Capital and its portfolio companies on various project financings, refinancings and dispositions, including the sale of Kissner Milling to Stone Canyon Industries Holdings
- Tailwind Capital Partners in connection with financings for a number of acquisitions, investments and dispositions, including Lieberman Research Worldwide, Colony Hardware and Stratix Corporation, along with several tack-on acquisitions relating thereto
- Ultra Clean Holdings, Inc. on acquisitions of Quantum Global Technologies, LLC and Ham-Let (Israel-Canada) Ltd.
- $2.5 billion amended revolving credit facility for Computer Sciences Corporation
Other Notable Representations
- $1.8 billion senior unsecured credit facilities for Fidelity National Financial, Inc.’s acquisition of Lender Processing Services, Inc.
- $1 billion leveraged recapitalization for Warner Chilcott plc
- $1.4 billion senior notes offering by a global operator of regulated markets and clearing houses
- $900 million senior secured term loan for Apria Healthcare Group Inc.
- $650 million senior secured term loan facility for McJunkin Red Man Corporation
- $450 million senior secured term loan facilities for Project Sunshine IV Pty in connection with its acquisition of Sensis Pty Ltd
- Counsel, 2019-present
- Associate, 2010-2019
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York