Jeffrey P. Crandall
Jeff is head of our Executive Compensation practice. He has extensive experience in executive compensation and employee benefits, both in the public and private transactional context and in day-to-day matters involving the design, implementation and disclosure of senior executive compensation and benefit arrangements.
Jeff’s practice includes a focus on compensation and ERISA matters relating to financial institution, investment management, private equity and hedge fund clients.
He has deep experience in structuring carry plans and other forms of manager and investment professional participation in private funds. Clients look to him on the ERISA aspects of the investment and management of pension plan assets under private funds and various other products and arrangements.
Mergers & AcquisitionsSee more experience in Mergers & Acquisitions
- TPG Capital acquisition of a majority stake in Centrify
- Varagon Capital Partners strategic partnerships with Aflac and AIG
- Brookfield $13.2 billion acquisition of Johnson Controls’ Power Solutions unit
- Technip Energies completes its spinoff from TechnipFMC
- Advice to Whitney Wolfe Herd on Bumble’s $2.5 billion IPO
- Signify Health $648.6 million IPO
- Cboe Global Markets acquisition of BIDS Trading
- SS&C Technologies $5.4 billion acquisition of DST Systems
- Strategic Growth Bancorp merger with Sunflower Financial
- Various issuers and underwriters in connection with the application of ERISA to collateralized debt offerings and other asset securitizations
- Various investment funds in connection with their private placement of fund interests to institutional investors (including ERISA plans)
- Various venture capital and start-up companies in connection with their implementation of executive compensation and management equity arrangements
- Various investment funds and asset managers in a wide variety of transactions
- Editor, Buffalo Law Review
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2011-present
- Partner, Shearman & Sterling, 1998-2011
- Counsel/Associate, Shearman & Sterling, 1984-1997