Represents clients in a broad range of capital markets and M&A transactions. Advises on public reporting and corporate governance matters.
Clients seek Jason’s representation in a broad range of capital markets and mergers and acquisitions transactions. He also advises on public reporting and corporate governance matters, and provides general corporate advice to a number of companies.
Jason’s practice focuses primarily on transactions involving technology and life sciences companies.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Doma Holdings in its business combination with Capitol Investment Corp. V, a special-purpose acquisition company
- Kitty Hawk Corporation on its joint venture with Boeing
- McKesson on its joint venture with Blackstone portfolio company, Change Healthcare, and subsequent split off of its joint venture interest
- McKesson on its acquisitions of Medical Specialty Distributors and RxCrossroads and the divestiture of its Enterprise Information Solutions business to Allscripts
- Mirion Technologies, Inc. on its acquisition of Sun Nuclear Corp.
- Ingram Micro on its sale to Tianjin Tianhai, a subsidiary of China’s HNA Group
- KKR on its joint venture and related transactions with FS Investments
- SMART Global Holdings on its acquisition of Penguin Computing
- Ultra Clean on its acquisitions of AIT, Miconex, Ham-Let (Israel-Canada) and others
- Initial public offerings by Acutus, Shockwave, Penumbra, NeuroPace, Seer and others
- Debt offerings by Alphabet, Comcast, Equinix and Masco Corporation
- Follow-on equity offerings by Guidewire, Shockwave, Penumbra, Seattle Genetics and Ultra Clean and others
- Convertible notes offerings by NeoGenomics, Marcus Corporation, CryoLife, Five9, Guidewire, Rambus and others
- Private financings by Credo Technology, Shockwave and others
- Comcast Corporation and NBCUniversal’s $5.5 billion exchange offer
- Masco’s $1 billion spinoff of TopBuild
- Masco’s $638 million debt cash tender offer
General Corporate Advice
- Jason regularly provides general corporate advice to companies, including Acutus, Shockwave, McKesson, Penumbra, Credo Technologies, Kitty Hawk, Doma Holdings, QuinStreet, Smart Modular and Ultra Clean
J.D., UC Berkeley School of Law
- Order of the Coif
B.A., Business - Economics, UCLA
- summa cum laude
- Counsel, 2018-present
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2009-2018
- KPMG, 2003-2006
Qualifications and admissions
- State of California