Fiona R. Moran
Fiona’s practice focuses on government investigations and enforcement actions, as well as congressional inquiries. She also represents clients in connection with confidential internal investigations and advises companies on corporate governance and compliance matters, including the design of strategies, policies and procedures to mitigate risk.
Her matters have involved allegations of fraud, violations of anti-bribery laws and the False Claims Act, insider trading, money laundering, antitrust and other financial crimes. Her clients have included major financial institutions, regulated entities, public companies, senior executives and former government officials.
- An internal investigation for a multinational technology company in connection with allegations of potential improper payments to government officials in China, including related advising on the company’s compliance program.
- A senior executive from a global automotive company in connection with an industrywide inquiry involving allegations regarding U.S. emissions tests.
- A multinational consumer goods company in connection with a post-acquisition compliance assessment and integration.
- A major medical device manufacturer in parallel criminal, civil, and regulatory investigations of potential adulteration, misbranding, and sales and marketing issues.
- A global financial institution in connection with an FCPA investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Federal Reserve into hiring practices in Asia, included related advising on the company’s compliance program.
- The former Director of National Intelligence and the former Director and Deputy Director of the Central Intelligence Agency in Congressional inquiries into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- A multimedia right licensing firm in a DOJ criminal antitrust investigation.
- A multinational oil and gas corporation in an internal anti-bribery investigation.
- A major financial institution in connection with an insider trading inquiry by the SEC.
- The U.S. Department of the Treasury in litigation brought by Starr International challenging the government rescue of AIG.
- The CFO of a multinational oil and gas corporation in connection with an SEC and DOJ anti-bribery inquiry
- Editorial Board, Virginia Law Review
- summa cum laude
- Partner, 2019-present
- Associate, 2010-2019